A month ago I was having some major Social Networking Nightmares. I was experiencing the Web 2.0 blues. Facebook was draining me. Myspace literally killed my soul. And I was lost in the infinite www.
I was looking for:
A place to upload photo, video, audio content, and post updates in a nice, clean web space where I could network with other “media” and “tech” people and share my thoughts, gain info, and inspiration.
So I basically joined everything. Everything.
My absolute fav has got to be Twitter. i heart my Twitter friends and their uber techy nerdy updates. i love that they post links to sweet gadget news, web 2.0 stuff, apple stuff, videos, their flickr feeds. awesome!
“Twitter is Nano-blogging at it’s very best!” ~Lisa Bettany.
And you can quote me.
As for all the other webware… I’ll start with the media sharing sites. Here’s what I like and don’t like in a “list-type” format (with sub-headings and stuff. Just to be extra nerdy). Cuz that’s the way I like to Roll.
Video Media Sharing:
- It’s thing: A viral ad gets placed at the end of your video and you get paid.
- Like: $$$. Quality of the video encoding. That real people screen videos for content and copyright violations. And the wikkid support team who are super cool and helpful (and are also on twitter.com/revver, yay!)
- Don’t like: Navigation of home site is a bit strange. Searching for videos is not the best. Community is quite fractured.
- It’s thing: Building a Video Sharing Community.
- Like: Wikkid Community. Love the site look and design. Ease and speed of uploading videos is awesome.
- Don’t like: Not much. Vimeo is super cool. I just have to get on adding more vids!
- It’s thing: Video blogging called “Metoday” where Vidder peeps share their daily goings on videoblog stylez.
- Liked: Strong community. The blogging/journaling style of the “metodays”.
- Don’t like: The pressure. Couldn’t do it personally. Tried. Ended up with a video of me fixing my hair, staring at myself, and not saying anything. And unless someone is uber cool and doing cool things (more cool than fixing hair and staring), it is somewhat lame to follow their daily crappy web cam “metodays” about their cat’s fur ball problems.
- As far as i’m concerned there are no other photo sharing sites. Flickr is the bomb. And I just upgraded to a pro account. So it better be fricking amazing!
Tomorrow, I’ll give the low down on tumblr, pownce, jaiku, facebook; the great browser debate & chat webware.
Can’t hardly wait, can you?
As always, I really wanna know what you think. So comment away! Let’s start a nerdy 2.0 debate! Sweet.